Wednesday, April 18, 2007

No headlines again

Really sorry - thesis work is consuming my time and the news this week has been profoundly sad. My two cents about the upcoming gun control debate: It is a fundamental right to own a firearm. The government restricts felons from purchasing, because they have a history of violating the law which justifies restricting their rights. I'm still working on the justification, but I would expand the list of people who can't purchase guns to those who have been institutionalized in a mental health facility. I actually know someone at Virginia Tech, whom I haven't seen or talked to for a long time. She's fine, but still it made it very real to me; thoughts and condolences.

UPDATE: Such a law already exists. It only applies to people involuntarily admitted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home