Thursday, April 05, 2007

Recent Happenings

I went to a comedy show hosted by Jay Harris last Tuesday with a friend from college. Jay is one of the first people I met in comedy and a cool cat. After the show he "booked" me for next month, which is awesome! The room he runs is real big and fun. One thing, I think I had a little too romantic notion of how these things are done. No press; no drama; he just came up to me and was like "You want to go up next month?" and I was like "Yeah." Then he gave me tickets to promote it. May 1st! May 1st! spread the word. Those of you who follow this blog closely will notice that I am also showcasing May 4th - that show is very far north so depending on where you live you should see one of the shows (or both).

In other news I am becoming completely obsessed with American Idol (not really news), but in particular Sanjaya's success (that's the news). Go Sanjaya!! He is my American Idol and a controversial celebrity to boot. Those of you not watching American Idol need to go to this website:

http://www.votefortheworst.com/

Read the mailbag. Do it. If you can still read after wiping away the tears of laughter go to http://ifsanjayawins.com/.

2 Comments:

Blogger RetiredPastorNancy said...

tell us where the performances will be.

17:23  
Blogger Lucas Southworth said...

If you're not already reading it religiously, check out the blog southsidesox.com. I don't know if you caught the heartbreaking end of last night's game, but the post about it is hilarious.

13:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home