Sunday, April 01, 2007

No Dice

I didn't make it through...4th of 8. Reflections: it was still good to be part of what was a very strong lineup. I was a little disappointed, but I didn't have my best set. I made the mistake of "stepping on my laughs" which is starting your next joke before people have stopped laughing. This ruins the flow, and consequently I would describe my set as "having its moments" but never really taking off. Oh well, one other observation: in a competition the atmosphere is a lot more tense; it didn't feel like everyone was there to have fun. I'm not sure how I feel about that - I might just go the old fashioned route and get noticed instead of winning a competition.

On positive that came out of it: the host thought I did well enough to book me in a "New Faces Showcase" May 4th. It's kinda funny, because personally the host and I are totally different and probably wouldn't ever be meet if not for comedy. Something I've learned is that the people you'd like to hang at a bar with aren't always the people who are reliable to get things done. With age I've come to respect accomplishment more than agreement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home