Friday, March 30, 2007

Tonight's the night!

The comedy competition first round is tonight. There was a frustrating change in venue just announced last night...welcome to the world of stand-up. Whatever these things happen and I think I have let everyone know. I went to the new venue (Pressure Cafe 6318 N. Clark) last night which has an open mic on Thursday. I must say it is the best open mic I've been to in Chicago; lot's of positive energy! My set was only so-so, but the experimental new bit I did went over VERY well. So well, in fact, that I think I will use it as my closer tonight. Pressure Cafe is not a bar, and I think my style of comedy translates very well to the not-drunk crowd.

In other news, I will probably be moving to LA this summer. I will be doing the day-job pursue my dreams thing. If I get a break, cool. If not, I will be doing something worthwhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home