Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Reflections on Football Opening Weekend

I wish to God I had said this 4 days ago, because Lord knows, I was thinking it. The Bears will win the superbowl! No doubt about it. 16-0 is not out of the question so keep your eyes on this historic team.


In other news, I am warming up to college football as well. I don't follow it as closely, but I try to catch the big games when I can. So Saturday Notre Dame was demolishing Penn State so I flipped over to Syracuse v. Iowa. Do you know who the captain of Syracuse is? (rhetorical question, of course)........Brendan Carney the punter!!!! That man definitely has a future in politics, b/c I have no idea how he pulled that off. Just when I was thinking this was some sort of scam, he actually made a game-saving play on a 4th quarter field goal to send it to overtime. Not the run of the mill made-the-field-goal type play. Carney was the place holder and showing grace under pressure fielded a bad snap and put the ball down in time for the score. Way to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home