Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Just what the doctor ordered

So yesterday I was not feeling well and had to go perform. I had that dull ache in the back of my eyeballs and was wondering whether I should even go. OK, so I show up to the show which is cool and just sip waters for awhile. The host Jay appreciated that I brought some friends so he gave my the pimp spot of 2nd to last. My throat was really dry and I got up and a weird thing happened.

I sort of have these bits about "awkward situations". Somehow it came across much better than usual, I think due to my semi-with-it demeanor. And the beginning of my set which I already knew was really went great. So it was a great show! The whole line-up stepped up which was cool.

Here is the really special thing: I didn't know this, but it was a paying gig. It wasn't a lot, but it more than covered my Freedom Onion Soup. For those of you who recall, this was one of my New Year's resolutions. Go me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first paying gig. Glad to learn it went so well. Sorry I missed it.

19:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home