Wednesday, November 01, 2006

New Standard for Apology

Someone talk to KerryYou've heard the buzz. You've read the reviews. Now see for yourself John Kerry belittles US military. So now what? In his press release Kerry wrote

If anyone thinks [I] would criticize the...heroes serving in Iraq and not the president who got us stuck there, they’re crazy. This is the classic G.O.P. playbook. I’m sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did.

I’m not going to be lectured by a...doughy Rush Limbaugh, who no doubt today will take a break from belittling Michael J. Fox’s Parkinson’s disease to start lying about me just as they have lied about Iraq...

The people who owe our troops an apology are George W. Bush and Dick Cheney who misled America into war and have given us a Katrina foreign policy that has betrayed our ideals, killed and maimed our soldiers...
[it continued in this vein - ed.]

What you'll notice is missing from the press release is an apology. That's right, John Kerry misspoke, Kerry unintentionally insulted 100k+ people, and he did not apologize. Because it was not his intention to insult so many people. I was puzzled when I heard that, because what is the point of directly insulting people if you apologize for it? I don't want this blog to dove-tail into Dr. Manners, but it seems like unintentionally insulting people is textbook apologizing time. But that's just me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home