Monday, August 15, 2005

Go Roger Go!

Everyone has their favourite film critic, and mine is Roger Ebert. A bit predictable yes, but honestly I love the passion he has for movies. Also, I find myself agreeing with him more often than not. His recent review of Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo was brilliant (do you think he liked it?). What's interesting is that Roger makes it personal and drops his "I won a Pulitzer Prize" (which he usually doesn't mention at all). The truth is that a review bashing a movie is always more entertaining than 5 paragraphs gushing about the new foreign language picture opening at the art-house cinema downtown. Here's a great collection of Ebert's best disses. My favourite:

"'Mad Dog Time' is the first movie I have seen that does not improve on the sight of a blank screen viewed for the same length of time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home