Friday, June 24, 2005

Closed Captioning FAQ

I was watching The Simpsons two days ago. Someone was trying to kill Homer, and the enlisted Sideshow Bob (b/c he is smart) to try and find out who the killer is.
Sideshow Bob: Can you think of anyone who would want you dead?

Homer: Well lets see...there's Mr. Burns, the Emperor of Japan, and President Bush.
Nothing remarkable yet, but I noticed in the closed captioning
Homer: Well lets see...there's Mr. Burns, the Emperor of Japan, and the poison blowfish.
Relax, I'm not going to feign outrage, but I remembered that American Idol had a CC snafu and I started wondering who does this stuff and I found the Closed Captioning FAQ. Evidently taped shows are captioned by the producers and they have this sort of freedom to change things ever so slightly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home